Monday, November 7, 2016

Inspection Ring Doilies


 I glued the 2 inspection rings on the bottom of the center section.  I needed some round pieces of fabric, Doilies, to cover the rings to keep them secure.  The instructions say to make a frame, attach some light weight, uncertified, fabric, and iron it at 250 degrees.  You need it smooth so the doilies will be smooth when stuck on, over the rings, with Poly Brush.  I have a metal frame for our big embroidery machine which we have never had a use for.  It's about 48" x 26" and very strong.  I put some 1/2" wide double sided tape on the outside edge and stuck a piece of fabric to it.  It takes a while to shrink it with the 250 degree iron but all those wrinkles eventually came out.
 I removed the tape and used a gallon can lid for a pattern to cut the doilies.  The Fiskars cutter with a pinking blade works great for such things.  Just follow around the edge of the can while keeping the cutter square to the board.

 I was able to get 4 rows of doilies so I folded it into 4 layers and cut 4 at a time.  I ended up with 28 doilies which is all I need for all the wings.

By the time I was done I had lost my warm day so I'll have to apply these tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment