Sunday, April 9, 2017

Started Spraying Wings


 We finally got some warm dry weather.  The first spray coats are done with Poly-Brush.  All the wing panel and ailerons are done so I can move on to Poly-Spray (silver).
I had to replace the paint cup on my HVLP gun because the old one cracked.  It's a plastic cup molded around a steel mounting nut.  As the plastic dries out, over time, it shrinks around the nut until it the plastic cracks.  I a cup at Lowe's which fits, but the anti-spill plug in the cap works differently.  It took me a while to realize I needed to remove the plug to vent the cup.  I would start spraying and it worked fine for a while and then the paint flow slowed to a mist.  I would stop to see what was wrong and when I started up again it worked fine until it sucked the air from the cup.  The old one had a valve which you opened to paint and closed to prevent spills.  This one you have to remove the plug, a sure plan to loose the plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment