Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Wing Lower Surfaces Painted


 We had a beautiful warm dry day which allowed me to start painting the color on the wings.  I decided, on the lower surfaces, to use Tuscon Cream with some Aluminum powder added to reasonably match the fuselage and tail.  This seemed like I could get a good match without all the work.  I added 4 Tablespoons of Aluminum Powder to a gallon of Poly-Tone.  I like it but I should have added a lot more aluminum.  It looked like a match until I painted it.  If you look at the wing closest to the fuselage you can see I could have added a lot more aluminum.  I never had good samples to match for this color so I'm leaving it even though I have enough Poly Tone to repaint everything.  I'd rather get this done and back in the sky.

My next bit is to start on the markings.  I need White under the Red and Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment