Thursday, August 10, 2017

Colors on Wings


 The afternoons yesterday and today were both nice and dry for painting.  Yesterday I got the second coat of all the colors on the top of the lower wings.

I also got started on the red in the roundels.  The green stripes are squadron stripes for the 103rd Areo Squadron.  They still need red stripes between the green.


 In the evening when it was too damp to paint to paint I drew all the color boundaries on the top of the upper wings.

Today I was able to get the first coat on the top of both wings.  When the colors are done I'll add a black border around the numbers.


 The upper right wing gets the same green and red stripes as the lower left.

I got the numbers drawn on the lower right in the evening today, but it was too damp to paint them.  Odds are I won't get to do any more painting until mid September.

I did get the gasket set for the engine so I can pull the cylinders to check for rust.  I've only got about 125 hours since the overhaul so I don't want to risk damaging the engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment