Sunday, January 19, 2020

Moved Lewis Gun Forward 3 inches


 While I've been waiting for better weather I fixed a problem I've had getting in and out of the cockpit.  I had remade the mount for the Lewis Gun to remove the clutter from the upper surface of the center section.  I thought it completely wiped out any lift in the center section, with all the tubes. 
Unfortunately I moved the gun back about 1 1/2" making it harder in my old age to get in and out of the cockpit.  I kept hitting my head on the gun. 
I remade the mounts to move the gun forward 3" and to shorten the rear handle about 1 1/2".  It's now very easy to get in and out.  You don't even notice the gun is there.


 I made longer rear mounting brackets to move the gun forward and still use the brackets in the center section.

 I moved the forward mount back along the barrel.  It made the clamp around the barrel a little more complicated but it works.  I had to re-bend the tall brackets slightly to make everything fit. 
I like the look better with more of the barrel sticking out past the mounting.

No comments:

Post a Comment