Saturday, July 4, 2020

Condition Inspection - Engine Test Run

 Yea!  I'm back working on getting ready to fly.  I safety wired spreader bars to the wing wires.
 Three small holes got poked in the fabric last year, hangar rash.  I patched them and painted on some German Crosses to represent bullet hole repairs.  Much easier than trying to get all the paint to match.

I completed the Annual Condition Inspection the other day them tied the plane down to run the motor.  No Luck!  I got very sweaty, 90 + outside, but never got a burp out of it.  I did manage to flood it, gas dripping from the carburetor.

I tried again this morning, only in the 80's, with no luck so I'll have to come back early in the morning to work on it.

I still need insurance and a state sticker but we're closer to flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment