Friday, September 25, 2020

Had Held Thermocouple Thermometer - $24

 

While looking for a cylinder head gauge, that is in stock, I found this Thermocouple Thermometer for $24 with tax and free shipping.  It's made by Leaton (model 1312) and has sockets for 2 thermocouples.  It's about the same size and weighs about the same as my digital multi-meter.  It's just a thermometer which works with 7 different thermocouples, including types T and J which I have.  It has a backlit display, 30 seconds, but is easy to read with the light off.  If you hold down the Hold button as it powers up it won't power down unless you push the power button.  It comes with 2 type K thermocouples which plug into the top.  When you power it up, it comes up for whatever type thermocouple you used last.
I ordered some type T and Type J blade type connectors from McMaster Carr.  They were less than $4 each plus postage.  The little red gasket is to seal the wire and grip it.

They come in colors for the type thermocouple they work with.  They are also easy to assemble.

The amazing thing was that all the way to 445 degrees F, as hot as my hot plate would heat the oil, it agreed with my other thermometers within 1 degree.  Who could ask for more for $24.  It fits right where I had the multi-meter.

I've added a label with the temperatures, green arc 300-460, red line 540 degrees F.

I think we're about ready to go flying.


No comments:

Post a Comment