Friday, December 11, 2020

Ignition Problem Still Not Solved

 I removed the magneto, cleaned the contact points and cleaned up some grease that was slung out of the bearings I had repacked.  I really didn't find anything wrong.  I found some slight wear on the cam which operates the points.  I ordered a new cam and waited, and waited.  It finally arrived yesterday, 8 days late, Oh well.  

I reassembled the magneto with the new cam and reinstalled the magneto.  As the sun set I was able to get the motor running, but there is no improvement at all.  

since this magneto does not have an impulse coupling I may be able to fix up a spare and see if it solves the problem.  Hopefully tomorrow I can remove the mag and work on one of the spares I have.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment