Saturday, July 31, 2021

2 More Days of Flying

 Yesterday evening I flew for about 15 minutes and gave it up.  It was hot, haze and bouncy.  The visibility was only about 3-5 miles, no fun.  Today was forecast to be drier and cooler.  I didn't believe it would change so much without windy conditions behind the front.  Actually it was a very nice morning.  We had a gentle breeze down runway 5, about 20 miles visibility and calm air to about 2500 feet.

It was 68 F when I took off.  Climbing, the CHT never got above 425F.  At cruise it stayed in the low 370s F and the oil temp. pegged at 180F.  Overall a happy flying day.

Looks like the date stamp is off by 1 day.  It's really the 1st.  My Biennial Flight Review expires today.  Hopefully I can get that done next week and get back to flying.  They still don't have a firm date to close the runway.
Going past our house on my way east to Lake Anna.  Lake Anna is the cooling pond for North Anna Nuclear power plant.  I have some friends who live across the lake from the plant but I decided not to go that far east.

The bridge behind the strut is for route 522.  There's a nice seafood restaurant in the SE corner of the bridge.

The house below the wings belongs to Nicole and Ben Waddy.  It's part of their old family farm.  Nicole helps with soil work on some of the wastewater systems I design.  More of their other relatives are hidden under the wing.

We have 3 big green houses in the area.  I did the wastewater system for 2 of them.


We also have a lot of poultry growers around here, big coups all around.

This is Woodberry Forest School.  It's NW of the town of Orange. Tennis courts, riding stables, skeet shooting range.  I think they actually go to classes as well.

I'm told it's a very good school.

Looking east at the town of Orange on my way back to the airport, about 5 miles south.

Over an hour of fun flying.  Nice end to the month of July.

Time to go visit our new grandson Taylor.  He's going to have a big RC model of the Fly Baby hanging in his bedroom, got'a bring 'em up right.


No comments:

Post a Comment