Friday, December 17, 2021

Landed In Light Rain

 Yesterday was another warm beautiful, but very windy, day.  Today was calm with an overcast at 4800 feet, nice day to fly.  After checking the weather I also checked the radar weather for any rain hiding in the overcast.  There was light rain moving toward the airport so I decided to see how it looked on the ground and, if nice enough, stay in the traffic pattern, for a quick escape if needed.

The sky looked OK and the wind sock showed a touch of wind from the north so off I went from runway 05.

I took these pictures after turning downwind next to Merry Mountain.  You cans see the top of it below the spreader bar.  The arrows are pointing at rain about 3-4 miles away.  I decided to go around the pattern.  When I got back to this point the rain had moved at least half way to the airport.  I pulled on Carb. Heat and Throttled Back for a nice landing back on 05.

The rain caught up with me on short final.  By the time I landed the windshield was covered in light rain.  Nice to be on the ground.

I did get to fly in December for about 10-12 minutes, and had fun.  Maybe I'll get to fly again before the year is out.  We'll see.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment