Monday, April 22, 2019

Airplane On The Trailer


 I bolted the deck boards to the frame with 4 galvanized carriage bolts (1/4") for each board.

The treated bottom board for the tail wheel track is bolted to the frame in the same way.

I split another board to make the side rails.  The angle at start of the track side is more so I don't rip on the ends so easily.  There were 2 studs at the front where the winch was attached.  I used them to bolt down the front end of the track.


 I pre-drilled holes for the side rail screws from the top down, so they would be in the center of the rail boards.  Deck screws were used to screw the side rails to the bottom board.  I used 2" screws about every foot.

I need to put the plane on the trailer to work out stops and tie-downs.



 I got some ramps at Tractor supply, on sale.  I think they're a little short.  I would have liked a shallower angle.

I used the come-along to pull the plane up the ramps.  I think the winch might be hard to control going down.

 I knew the fenders would get in the way of the axle ends.  I've marked the fenders to cut some notches.  The plane will sit about a foot further back towards the van when I'm done.  I still like the fenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment