Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Pitot Tube Cover


 Because I made a new Pitot/Static probe I needed a new cover to keep the mud daubers and rain out of the tubes.

The cover is just a piece of boat cover material folded in half and hemmed around the edges.  I printed a Fly Baby version of the 30" x 3" Remove Before Flight streamers we sell at our Web Store.  The streamer is just sewn so it's sandwiched into the lower seam along with the Velcro to hold it to the strut.

I wanted the streamer at the nose to help keep people from walking into the probe.


 I used 1/2" wide 2 sided Velcro.  We use it in our shop to keep rolled materials from un-rolling.  We buy it in rolls of Red, Blue, Yellow & Green.

The first strap wraps around the strut with the fuzzy (loop) side out.  The second strap crosses it with the hook side in to lock onto the first.

It was simple to make and it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment