Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A longer Test Flight

 Today was another nice warm day with a light breeze out of the southwest.  I flew about 20 minutes.  The motor was still running hot, 450 Deg. F.  I flew around the pattern until the oil temp. got close to red line, then landed.  When I went to pull carb heat I found I had been flying with it on heat.  I think what happened was I was going to land on the first pass around because of the temp. and pulled carb heat on downwind, then changed my mind and kept going around, forgetting to move back to cold air.  I'll probably give it another go tomorrow.


My landing was better.


I took this video on on pass around the pattern  It starts toward the end of the downwind for 23.  It ends after turning to base, toward the mountain.  Just at the end you can see Gordonsville airport between the left wings.  The mountains way in the back are the Blue Ridge.  It was a nice afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment