Monday, November 9, 2020

Nice Fall Afternoon of Short Sleeve Shirt Flying

 I moved the outlet skirt back to the shallow position, 135 degrees.  That didn't make much difference but it lowered the CHT 3-5 degrees.  

A nice afternoon in the mid 70s.  By 3:30 the thermals were almost done so I was to be able to fly in short sleeves, probably for the last time this year.

We had a very gentile breeze out of the SSW, so 23 was the active runway.  This view is looking the opposite direction (NW) from the downwind.  The town of Orange is just out of view at 10 o'clock and Orange airport at 11 o'clock.  The mountain by the fuel gauge wire is a nice reference when flying here.  It has an old microwave tower at the top.

The view past the right wings is to the east.  Our house is over there about 8 miles among all those trees.


Until I solve the temperature problem I'm staying within gliding distance of the runway.  Here I'm headed back to the SW in the Upwind.  The runway and my hangar is below the spreader bar, looking south.
I've turned Crosswind.  Looking south is the town of Gordonsville, maybe 2 miles of the south end of the runway.  

Overall a nice fall afternoon for flying round and round the airport for over 1/2 hour.

We have a few rainy days coming which I will use to enlarge the outlet opening some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment