Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Sailplane Ride At Harris Hill, New York

 I'm a couple weeks behind reporting what I've been doing with the Fly Baby.  But before I get caught up, yesterday my Grandson, Duncan and I went for Sailplane rides at Harris Hill Soaring.  While we waited for our turn, our tickets got us into the National Soaring Museum. Both were great fun.

Duncan and his pilot ready to go in a 1984 Schleicher ASK-21, N363KS.





Takeoff

Adjusting the rudder pedals so I could fly once we released.  A good plan but once the canopy was closed I couldn't get my knees under the panel.  I flew the stick and he flew the rudder, it worked.
My ride is a 2008 Schleicher ASK-21, N621HH. Very nice feel and easy to control.
Takeoff!

Heading down the runway and liftoff.

Towing out over the drop-off.  The field is on top of the hill about 750 feet above the valley.

Steep Sides of the valley and river below.

Just before release at 4200 feet MSL, Good countdown communications with the tow pilot.

A couple more pic's before taking the stick.


Returning to land.  We had a cross wind so landed from the grassy end and taxied back to the paved launch area.


Landing

The end of a nice 17 minute flight as one of the helpers gently lets the wingtip down.  It seemed much longer and was great fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment