Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Runway Closed Again

 

I've been going slow working on the valves because our runway is closed again.  The wizards of smart, who designed the new runway, forgot to put an overun at the north end of the runway.  As it was, as soon as you over ran the end of the runway you started down a 40 foot hill to the creek.

They've hauled and piled soil to create a 100 foot over run.  After that you're heading down to the creek,


It's a huge pile of dirt.  They've carved away every cubic foot of soil from around the runway.  Originally they destroyed our grass taxiway along the west side of the south end of the runway to level the runway.
Now they've removed soil along the west side of the north end.  At one time I could land in the grass south of the VASI panels, not now, it's gone.

When I get my WACO NINE project done I may need to find another airport.  It has no brakes and a tail skid.  It needs grass to fly safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment