Thursday, November 29, 2018

Boat Trailer and Plane Trailer are Joined


 I cut off the old tongue to fit inside the cross member of the boat trailer frame.

The end needed to be shaped a little to fit inside the cross member.

I'll weld it to the cross member.


 With the frame clamped back to the old trailer I needed to make sure the hitch was centered on the trailer and perpendicular to the axle.  I assumed the axle is square to the old trailer frame and just need to get the hitch on the centerline.

I placed a magnetic laser at the center of the rear of the trailer.  Then aligned it with the center of the front of the trailer and the cross member where the tongue will be welded.

With one side of the frame bolted to the trailer the other side was moved slightly for and aft until the hitch was within 1/16" of the centerline.


 The free side frame was then bolted to the old trailer.  I'm ready to weld them together.  We're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment