Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Welding Done on the Front Frame for the Trailer


 With everything aligned I started welding the splices on the side frames.  I didn't weld the full length of the top seam because was worried it would cause the frame to bend up slightly.  I'll flip it over, weld the bottom then finish the top.


 Before I unclamped it from the trailed I also welded the cross member together in the center.
The frame is now on it's back.

To keep the side rails from moving I clamped them together with a 2x4 at the rear end.

The bottom of the side splices were welded.



 While I had it upside down I also welded a piece to the cross member flange where I cut it.  It tied the cut flange together and to the side frame.  I just forgot to take a picture.
 The frame was turned upright and the top splice welds finished.

 I clamped on a 2x4 at the cut line for the side frames so I could measure the length.  I cut off 31" from each side.  I sure hope I measured right.
 The front frame is clamped onto the old trailer, again.

One thing I didn't notice before is the tongue goes slightly uphill.

The cross member in the middle of the tongue looks like it is bending up slightly in the middle.  Maybe once I cut it off I can push it down to the middle of the cross member, then weld it in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment