Sunday, August 9, 2020

Motor Runs - Taxied Around

 

I put some yellow and red heat shrink tubing on the gas gauge wire so I can tell if I'm too low on fuel to be taking off.  I left a gap equal to the width of the stripes so the gauge could go lower while flying if needed to land somewhere.  It turns out it still goes into the cap fine even with the stripes added.

The motor started on the first pull with 2 shots of primer.  Oil pressure came up before I could get around the wing to check it.  Priming the pump probably helped after so many years setting.

Fred Rollins took a short video as I started to taxi.


The brakes work fine and it felt so good to taxi it around.



There was one problem the right magneto has a bad miss.  It sounds like I switched two lead wires on the distributor cap.  I'll work on it this evening when the engine has cooled.  Right now I'm delighted to have it running.

No comments:

Post a Comment