Saturday, December 17, 2016

Rib Lacing Tips Updated and Last Wing Panel Lacing Done

Go back to my last posting.  I've added some pictures and more tips on rib lacing.

The right lower wing is now laced.  I still need to lace the aileron but I may save it for our January EAA Chapter 1563 meeting and do a hands on demonstration of rib lacing.  Sounds like fun to me.

The last few stitches in front of the aileron cut out were sewn working from the aft end to feed the needle and standing at the leading edge to tie the knots.  I just couldn't get the brain to tie them from the aft end.  It was another good use of multiple needles.  I just kept walking around the wing pushing the needle around each rib at on the aft side and then tying the knot at each rib while on the front side.


While I wait for warm weather I need to make new bracing cables.  Many of the old ones are rusty, etc.  I've also got to finish some of the cowling details now that the parts are all painted.


No comments:

Post a Comment