Sunday, December 11, 2016

Upper Left Wing Rib Stitched


 The upper left wing is next for Rib Lacing.  I found it easier to mount it on the stands by setting it on a couple of my 2' x 4' adjustable height tables.
 I melted the bolt holes in the fabric at the root, and mounted the spar extender so it would fit the root stand.

 With the tip clamped to it's stand the tables were removed and we're ready to start.

 Reinforcing tapes were applied to the upper and lower cap strips and lacing holes punched using the rib template.

Where I had repaired the rib cap strip I used a second strip of reinforcing tape under the long strip to widen the tape where the gussets made the rib wider.

Rib lacing went more quickly and I found I could adjust the wing tilt so I could do the lacing while setting in my tall comfy work chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment